A love and enjoyment of Sport will be encouraged by this committee. Students will share their enthusiasm for Sport, help others to participate and so strengthen school life.
PREFECTS Aine Bagnell and Clare Burns
6th year Aisling Murray
5th year Laoise Murray
4th year Beth Sweeney
3rd year Jenny Short
2nd year Gile Martin
1st year May Mc Glew
This committee is comprised of pupils from 1st to 6th Year. Aspiring members must apply for positions on the Committee and the PE Department and the Principal review the applications. The Sports Committee works with the PE Department throughout the scholastic year. Their roles include the following:
- Assisting extra-curricular activities during or after school, for example running the Junior Dance Club.
- assisting the running of the 1 Mile Challenge Day (fundraising event where every pupil in the school runs 1 mile – the money raised is used to buy new sports equipment).
- Assisting the set-up of Sports Day
- Promoting PE and extra-curricular sports in school
- Assisting PE staff with Action Day and Open Day
- Being responsible for stock-taking and recording results
|The aims of the PE/Sports Department are:
Hockey, Athletics and Basketball are the winter sports on offer. We field hockey and basketball teams in the Leinster Leagues at minor, junior and senior level. During the winter months we also compete in Cross Country events regularly medalling.
Our extensive summer programme offers Athletics, Tennis, Soccer, Gaelic and Rounders. Our athletics team compete across a range of disciplines in the East Leinster Athletic Championships each year and our tennis squads also compete in the Leinster Leagues where they have enjoyed success. At present we have a very well equipped sports hall, an all-weather pitch and an outside basketball court/tennis court.